- 9:30 AM-5 PM
Starting on September 1, 2021 the library will begin offering evening hours two nights a week as well as Saturday hours. The new hours of operation will be:
- Monday: 9:30 AM-5 PM
- Tuesday: 12 PM-7:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:30 AM-5 PM
- Thursday: 12 PM-7:30 PM
- Friday: 9:30 AM-5 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM-1 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Saturday hours will resume starting September, 4th (9 AM-1 PM)
Library Service Information:
• Children must be aged 3 or older (and accompanied by parent or guardian) to sign up for a library card.
• The library now services all residents of Northumberland County and thus the annual $10.00 fee for residents living outside of the school district has been eliminated.
• Adult patrons are permitted to check out a total of 8 items at a time. Movies must be checked out on an adult card and are limited to 2 movies at a time. Juvenile patrons are permitted to check out 6 books at a time and may not check out movies.
•Fines will be reinstated starting September 1st and a new cap system will be put in place. As long as a patron’s fine balance remains under $5.00, all library privileges (checking out books, movies, audiobooks, and computer use) will still be available for the patron. Once a patron’s fine balance hits $5.00, however, all library privileges will be suspended until the balance is lowered beneath the $5.00 threshold. Lost or heavily damaged items will still require a full replacement fee from the patron. For larger fines, payment plans will be available on a case-by-case basis.
• The library has resumed offering printing and copying services with a fee.
• Check out the official Shamokin-Coal Township Public Library page on Facebook for upcoming events for both children and adults!
Adult Book Club
The Shamokin Coal Township Public Library hosts an adult book club on the second Monday of the month at 7 PM.
Our library now has wifi internet for our patrons to use. When you come to the library, you will connect under the wifi username shamokinlib-guest. The wifi password will be posted when you come inside or you can ask a library staff member.
Preschool Storytime & Movement
Our library hosts Preschool Storytime & Movement each Monday at 10 AM upstairs in the children’s area. Children from ages 3 to 5 are welcome to attend and must be accompanied by an adult. We have stories, songs, and dancing. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Knitting and Crocheting Club
|Give the Gift of Sight||
|TAX FORMS AVAILABLE|
Our library has an assortment of federal, state, and local tax forms available on a first come first served basis. Specialized IRS forms are available for photocopying at a nominal charge. Other tax related materials, forms, and information can also be found on the IRS website at www.irs.gov.
Pennsylvania State forms and publications can be found at www.revenue.pa.gov Taxpayers requesting forms can also call toll free 1-800-362-2050 to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenues 24-hour automated answering service number.
Our Library has an assortment of “gently used” materials for sale year round.