1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Visit our information page for more details.
Library Hours Beginning Monday July 27th:
- 10 AM until 11 AM (Browsing and computer usage for seniors and people with vulnerable illnesses only)
- 11 AM until 4 PM (Browsing and computer usage for everyone)
- 4 PM until 5 PM (Curbside Service Only)
Tuesdays to Fridays:
- 10 AM until 4 PM (Browsing and computer usage for everyone)
- 4 PM until 5 PM (Curbside Service Only)
- Saturday hours have been suspended temporarily.
Library Service Information:
The Shamokin-Coal Township Public Library will begin offering restricted in-person services on Monday, June 22nd. The library must abide by the strict CDC and Office of Commonwealth Library Guidelines. The Shamokin-Coal Township Public Library wants to thank the community for all their support during these challenging times. We ask the public to continue to be patient with our organization as we navigate these new changes. The Library wants to serve the public the safest way we can.
• All patrons are required to wear a mask upon entering the library. Children under 2 years old are not required to wear a mask. If an adult patron cannot wear a mask, we recommend using the library’s curbside service.
• Patrons are currently only allowed to check out a maximum of 5 items. Only 2 DVDs are permitted to be checked out to each person.
•Fines will begin accruing on September 1st.
• Library users will be permitted to browse the library for 30 minutes.
• Patrons using the public computers will be permitted to work on the computers for up to an hour.
• The library will resume allowing printing and copying services with a fee.
• Federal Tax instructions and forms are available for pick up.
• The library will be allowing a maximum of 20 people in the library at one time including staff members.
• Patrons are recommended to continue returning their books and DVDs through the book drop beside the front door of the library.
• When browsing the library, staff highly encourage patrons to only touch the books that they plan to check out and take home. Every book that is touched and not checked out must be cleaned and quarantined for 72 hours.
• Public computers will be cleaned between each use.
• In-person library programming is suspended temporarily.
• To place a reserve for curbside service, call the library at 570-648-3202 or place your reserve online at https://sctplibrary.com/place-a-book-or-dvd-request/.
Adult Book Club
The Shamokin Coal Township Public Library hosts an adult book club on the second Monday of the month at 7 PM.
The future book selections for the book club are as follows:
August- Year of Wonder by Geraldine Brooks
September – Innocent Man by John Grisham
October -The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir
Our library now has wifi internet for our patrons to use. When you come to the library, you will connect under the wifi username shamokinlib-guest. The wifi password will be posted when you come inside.
Preschool Story Time and Movement-
(Suspended due to Covid 19)
Our library is hosting Preschool Story Time and Movement each Monday at 10 AM. Children from ages 3 to 5 are welcome to attend and must be accompanied by an adult. We have story time, songs, and dancing. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Knitting and Crocheting Club-(Suspended Due to Covid 19)
|Give the Gift of Sight|
|TAX FORMS AVAILABLE|
Our library has an assortment of federal, state, and local tax forms available on a first come first served basis. Specialized IRS forms are available for photocopying at a nominal charge. Other tax related materials, forms, and information can also be found on the IRS website at www.irs.gov.
Pennsylvania State forms and publications can be found at www.revenue.pa.gov Taxpayers requesting forms can also call toll free 1-800-362-2050 to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenues 24-hour automated answering service number.
Have you been carded lately? With a library card, you can read your favorite mystery, watch a DVD, listen to a CD or even check out an audiotape for that long family drive. So what are you waiting for? Visit your library and get the one free card that’s yours for the asking. Get Carded @ your library!
Our Library has an assortment of “gently used” materials for sale year round. Fiction and nonfiction hardbound books are available for $ 0.25 a bag.